APCA 2011-2012 Annual Report: The power of partnerships
26 October 2012
The African Palliative Care Association (APCA) has published its 2011-2012 annual report. The report takes as its theme ‘The power of partnerships: collaborating to restore dignity and quality of life.’
The report highlights key accomplishments and advancements in palliative care across Africa through APCA's activities over the year. To illustrate the report’s theme of partnership, a collage of stakeholders frames each section of the report which covers: awareness, integration, evidence and sustainability.
Key features of the report include:
Read more about the report on the Africa edition of ehospice
- An interview with APCA’s outgoing executive director Dr Faith Mwangi-Powell
- An infographic map on palliative care integration on the continent. The map includes data for 17 countries categorised by education, policy, service provision and drug availability.
- Quotes from international stakeholders responding to the question: ‘How does partnership address patient needs in Africa?’
- An overview of the African Palliative Care Research Network’s establishment and initiatives.
- Publications from the APCA resource library, available to download from the APCA website.
Read and download the report from APCA’s website.